Alright folks, I gotta be honest. If you told me that I could only have one major kitchen appliance, I would definitely choose a freezer. It might sound crazy, but it is totally true. Give me a pile a wood to make fire if I ever loose my stove or oven. But with my freezer, I would be lost. When I have no idea what to feed Behr, my freezer always holds the answer. Frozen raviolis, waffles, farm share veggies like peas, corn, and green beans, and our family favorite, frozen fruit. We consume a high percentage of our fruit frozen in this household. Frozen raspberries or blueberries tossed into a glass of seltzer, frozen bananas or strawberries in a smoothie, and frozen grapes in the hight of summer. More recently, frozen fruit has become a staple for Behr. We are hooked on mango right now. Secretly, I hope my kids (assuming Behr isn't an only child) opt for frozen fruit over ice cream or popsicles some day. Wouldn't that be quite the victory!
Fresh strawberries and frozen mango, cut in bite size chunks.
The perfect for the summer like weather we are having here in DC.
Even better on Behr's gums, sore from teething.
Here's the happy boy, himself.
Donning his new camera ready smile, complete squinted eyes.
+ + +
We are linking up with mini meals on with two cats.
Hope you will hope over and check out how other moms are getting creative with meal time.
+ + +
And since we are talking about my love of my freezer, I would be remiss not to mention my favorite freezer ready meals:
1. Whole Family Italian Soup - I have frozen this with and without the pasta added. For ultimate texture, don't add the pasta until after you defrost.
2. Kentucky Style BBQ Chicken - This is a double bonus! A crockpot meal that you can also freeze. Plus you can freeze the rolls too!
3. The Best Chicken Tacos - The tortillas and shredded cheese can go in the freezer along with this chicken filling.
4. Lentil Soup - Just realized that I only ever included this is a baby meal planning guide! Must get a full recipe up with pictures, asap.
5. Bridget's Black Bean Soup - I have to steal this one from Bridget, because her recipe is the best!
6. Cookie Pie - The only part of this that uses the freezer is the cool whip, which you have to let soften...so it doesn't really need the freezer, but what would freezer meals be without dessert? And it is only three ingredients, so it is about as easy as a freezer meal!
Now go hug your freezer!
And if you are lucky enough to have an extra freezer,
not just a rinky dink on top of a standard fridge freezer,
I am insanely jealous of you.