Peas start like this...
...and then become this...
...delicious bowl of green goodnes!
Need more incentive to eat your peas?
Then try this recipe:Ingredients:
•2 lb small red potatoes
•2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
•1 tablespoon minced shallot
•1 teaspoon salt
•1/2 teaspoon black pepper
•3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
•1 cup freshly shelled baby peas (the recipe called for frozen, but we are kicking it up a notch!)
•1/3 cup chopped or torn fresh mint leaves
- Cover potatoes with cold salted water in a 3-quart saucepan, then simmer, covered, until tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, whisk together vinegar, shallot, salt, and pepper in a large serving bowl.
- Drain potatoes and halve or quarter if desired. Add to vinegar mixture while warm and toss to coat.
- Add oil, peas, and mint and toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve warm or at room temperature.
To view the source of this recipe and more, check out my Delicious tags!