Whether you are giving to the food connoisseur, the generous hostess, or simply need an easy gift to keep on hand for the unexpected, food is a great option. Here are some of my favorite food gifs.
1. Honey is a great gift for everyone on your list. From serving on busicutts, with apples and cheese, or stirred into tea or even a hot toddy, honey can be enjoyed all year long. Maine Wild Raspberry Honey offers your gift recipint a dressed up classic. Package with homemade busicutts or your favorite tea to complete the gift.
2. For the loved ones you can't be near, nothing feels more like home that a warm bowl of Chicken Noodle Soup. Send the gift of home this year with the help of Spoonful of Comfort. Purchasing options allow you to add half a dozen homemade rolls or cookies for a little bit more love.
3. For the chef in your life, provide the treat of deliciously infused balsalmic vinegar or extra virgin olive oil. While there are options to infuse yourself, I have found that Villa Manodori to be an excellent gift to have on hand, all year round!
4. For the person who appreciates an indulgence, cheese straws are a wonderful treat enjoyed primarily at special times of year. Honor your recipient with the best of the South from Mississippi Cheese Straw Factory.
5. For the generous host who is housing all of the outof town family this year, nothing could be more welcomed that a gift to feed a crowd. Navel Oranges are a wonderful holiday tradition that is sure to please any full home this busy season.
AND...if you are more ambitious than me, and want to make your food gifts at home, here are a few links from my favorite magazines to get you started:
Don't forget to check out the other 2010 Gift Guides
We are posting a new guide each Friday, so feel free to make requests in the comment section!